BSUR trainee representative
BSUR Trainee Representative Vacancy
- Acts as a link between trainees with an interest in Urogenital Imaging and the BSUR, relaying any issues or views from trainees to the BSUR Committee and vice versa.
- Serves to promote the expanding area of Urogenital Imaging to trainees.
- The trainee representative is usually elected at the AGM and the term of office is two years.
- Attendance at the BSUR AGM held as part of the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Development of a BSUR Trainee Database which will contain details of trainees interested in Urogenital Imaging. This can be achieved by using the RCR to disseminate/obtain information and to obtain information from Training Programme Directors.
- Keeping trainees informed of upcoming meetings, courses and any relevant educational material such as journal articles and online resources.
- Liaise closely with the BSUR Committee, partaking in regular teleconference meetings and face-to-face meeting at the ASM.
- Partake in educational activities, including writing of FRCR 2A Urogenital Module Questions, assisting with the Annual Scientific Meeting and input into the educational content of the BSUR website.
Criteria for the appointment of the trainee rep:
- Must have an interest in urogenital imaging.
- Must have completed the FRCR or be in their 3rd year having completed all 2a modules with an intention to sit the FRCR at the next available sitting.
- Must have NTN in radiology and at least 12 months until CCT from the date of appointment.
- If post FRCR, then must be a member of BSUR.
- Should ideally have attended previous BSUR meetings or allied courses / conferences in order to demonstrate a track record of Urogenital imaging interest.
Please send a personal statement (which should be no more than 250 words long ) along with a short CV explaining why you wish to take on this role and how you would contribute to BSUR to email@example.com. This will be forwarded to the BSUR Committee for evaluation and you will be informed of the committee’s decision.
The trainee representative will be elected by the BSUR Committee Members on this occasion and subsequently at the AGM.
Closing date: 14th July 2017